The castle of La Bâtie, as we know it, dates from 1725, even if the place is much older.
One of the two emblematic historical sites of the village of Vinzel, La Bâtie is mentioned for the first time in writings dating back to 1580, and like the castle of Vinzel, the castle of La Bâtie has passed through several noble hands throughout its history. The Jenner family, originally from Bern, left their mark on the site, particularly when Nicolas Jenner had the master house of La Bâtie built in 1725, integrating the existing tower and vaulted cellar. The last member of the Jenner family to settle in La Bâtie, Gottlieb sold the estate to Mr. Baraban, Geneva's mayor. After various successions, La Bâtie returned in 1890 to Mrs. Adélaïde de Reding, wife of the Schwyzer Franz de Reding. Also owner of the castle of Vinzel, this gentleman has left his mark on the history of the village of Vinzel and La Bâtie has remained in the hands of his heirs. By marriage, the famous historian Carl J. Burckhardt lived in La Bâtie and invited several personalities of his time.