The lime kiln which dates back to 1857 has been restored for the 700th anniversary of the Confederation in 1991. Lime extracted from limestone was used for construction works until the 14th century.
The lime kiln of the Côte Malherbe, in Saint-George, dates back to 1857. It disappeared after its last extraction in 1942 and was gradually left to nature. It got renovated for the 700th anniversary of the Swiss Confederation in 1991 and a first batch took place in 1991, between August 19th and 25th.