Founded in 1123 and attached to the Cistercian order in 1131 as the first monastery that settled in Switzerland.
In 1942 the Abbey was declared a National historical Monument of the Canton de Vaud. It got thoroughly renovated. It is located only a few minutes away from Nyon, on “La Côte” of the Lake Geneva.
During summer, guided tours and concerts are being regularly organised at the Abbey, such as Les Vibrations de Bonmont, taking place each year in September.